Recognizing the opportunity in the growing online gourmet food ingredients industry, Amit Mitra and his wife started OliveNation in 2008. They wanted to tap into the home-based chefs, bakers and mothers who handle their family’s nutritional requirements. They say that the title itself encompasses their business philosophy: olives, which represent the heart and soul of the Mediterranean palette, and nation, which represents a group of people bound by their love for food.
Right from entering the ecommerce world the customer base grew, so having the right solution to manage the online marketplaces was essential. They found they couldn’t do it without hiring more and more staff, so they went with commercial-of-the-shelf software. The solution, however, wasn’t really a “solution.”
They needed a customized solution that possess following capabilities:
- Customized Inventory Management: To manage the inventory in way that they should be able to make their custom size products and those sizes and unit conversions should be in sync with the inventory count they are buying from supplier.
- Multi-Channel Product Management: To have product posted on multiple marketplaces like amazon, eBay, Walmart and Magento webstore that too with different information and different parent child combinations, manageable from a single system.
- Order management: Order management needed capabilities to handle and monitor all the events starting from sale of an item from the marketplace to tracking info update of an order.
- Supplier and PO management: To be able to manage all the rates from different suppliers. Automatic purchase of inventory based on sales.
- Provided an intuitive application with marketplaces wise separate listings to manage all information needed to be on respective marketplaces connected to inventory management, all with automatic inventory management and stock alerts.
- A separate module for purchase of inventory with all smart automations which can place orders to suppliers based on inventory information.
- A pick pack ship module for processing of orders starting from picking a product from the warehouse shelf to buying postage for the package. All with smarter algorithms which saves the process from being error prone and makes it cost effective.
- Implemented Repricer module for the products on the amazon, which changes the prices of products in order to win the buy box. All the price change decisions are being done based on defined strategy.
- A module to handle all the FBA operation starting from creating intention on seller central to the delivery of goods to Amazon warehouses. Everything integrated with inventory and order management.
Online selling requires a dedicated team and continuous efforts to see effective results. A good team and seamless set of processes are a must for smooth operations. eSellerHub understands this and helps retailers to take their retail business to the next level.